post are enrolled in High Honors, AP, and excel in the upper top
of their various class grades. They really are incredibly
intelligent young women.
The other day the girls were teasing each other in fun over all the many times one or the other have said something that was way off. Way, waaaaaaaay off, by the way.
I overheard heard Annelise giving Susie a rough time over Susie saying... "I can't wait for 'Senior-itis' " . Annelise was laughing so hard.... poor Susie was incredulous. Then, we had to explain to Susie that "Senior-itis" is a term for Seniors in school who are completely burned out and ready to graduate....not, as Susie thought, a term for "I just can't wait to be a Senior"!
However, turn about is fair play and Susie reminded Annelise about the time Annelise was helping our friend Camy's son, Spencer, learn how to count syllables in a word... Annelise, sits in front of Spencer and claps.... three times.... gah-roo-pay. Both Camy and I looked at each other and explained to Spencerand Annelise that group is not a three syllable word!!!
Of which Annelise comes right back with "yeah, Susie, remember when you had to ask mom... what 'shah-roo-kee' meant? Well at least when I see the 'shah-roo-kee' tag on the inside of my shirt...I know what 'shah-roo-kee' means". Of course you do Annelise... and so does Susie now.... Cherokee! Thank you very much!
I think one of my all time favorites goes to our friend Karson P. In a moment of hilarity, that will forever haunt her, Karson exclaims with great attitude, while watching the all time classic movie Grease.... "man people were soooooo weird in the 80's"!
Must have been all those poodle skirts that confused her!
(Sigh) ... to be young again!









4 comments:
We all say stupid things when we were young. I had my fair share of them. No wonder my parents have a hard time taking me seriously half the time now! You can't be both book smart and life smart! I think those that are book smart aren't so much life smart!
Right on Raven! Hope you are feeling better!
Where would we be without all those funny things our kids say?
The new header photo is darling.
We just got word this am that #2 is an AP Scholar. We'll find out at the end of this year whether or not he's with distinction or what? Congrats on the girls.
Reading and academics is priority #1
Post a Comment