Bless his heart! ... or "Honey I Have Stamps"!
You have to know that it is not easy to to plan your daughter's wedding. It is hard work... for Peter, it has been absolutely excruciating to write those high checks. If you think signing his name to Susie's 40.00 field trip to the Metropolitan Museum, then you can only imagine what those 4 digit numbers are doing to him? Can you say "panic attack"??
So, just to give you somewhat of a visual as to our motherofthebride/fatherofthebride responsibilities... I am creating a list! So, all of you out there who will be in my position, sooner or later, you have an idea of where I am coming from and where you will be someday.
MOTHER OF THE BRIDE!
- Wait a minute.... OCTOBER 19th? THIS October? Must "De-Stress"
- We will be doing two events, one for the West coast, the other on the East coast.
- Joy, joy, joy.
- Having to book a event center 3000 miles away
- I need a new laptop!
- Talk with caterers.
- Chose the caterer's.
- Chose the food and layouts of plates and glasses.
- chose a cake.
- Punch flavors please.
- Invitations chosen and assembled.
- Colors on ink for invitations? Brown or Black?
- Inserts or completely different invitations?
- Help find the wedding dress. Thank you JCREW!
- Shop for the bridesmaids dresses. Thank you again JCREW!
- Pick out the flowers.
- Is orange and brown really your "colors"?
- Chose the Florist
- Arrange flights for 6 people out of New York City into Salt Lake City.
- Arrange two nights, 4 rooms and 8 people at local hotels in Salt Lake City.
- Just what are the little flower girls wearing
- We are having flower girls?
- Ties?
- Orange ties? Rust? Cream?
- Definitely Orange!
- Tuxes?
- No Tuxes?
- SIX bridesmaid's
- TWO Groomsmen??
- Family pictures are where?
- You want to get married at WHAT time in the morning?
- We're putting pictures into the invitations?
- Bridals cost how much?
- Wait... what are "Bridals"? Check out Google Search!
- The groom gets to see you BEFORE the wedding? Oh, yeah.... the "Bridals"!
- Purchase the wedding dress slip... over the head, or cinch waist?
- Open toe shoes? Closed toe? Katie, that is YOUR choice!
- Find a mother of the bride dress, one that does not look like it was made to line a coffin!
- Chose father of the bride's suit!
- Talk with Heidi 6 times
- Talk with my parents again ... I quit counting.
- Whitnie (not a typo, just inventive spelling by some mean parents) is our "event planner".... she is too new at this!
- How is everyone getting to and from the Salt Lake City airport?
- Call Avis, Hertz and anyone related to us within 4 generations living in the SLC area.
- Toni, my sister will help with the flowers.
- Shelly my other sister is doing hair.
- Reception favors? Boxes of candy? Bubbles?
- Shop for new shoes for Elijah
- Pick up stamps for the invitations.
Then, may I add that the laundry is reproducing like baby rabbits and our dinner is nothing more than Ramen noodles, or on a GOOD night we have drive through snack wraps at McDonald's?! Our house is starting to resemble a candidate for a fire training session with our local fire department and we are having 100 people for an wedding open house here on November 17th.
Not to worry!
FATHER OF THE BRIDE
- Peter just informed me that he will go right out and buy the stamps.
Oh sweetheart... THANK you. I mean, I know the LIBERTY BELL stamp will be perfect on all the invitations... because I just don't have time to go and re-do! These suckers HAVE to go out TODAY! Without delay!









3 comments:
Bah! :) That was funny, Rhonda, but oh my goodness you have a WHOLE lot going on!! Whew!
OOOH, A WEDDING....you are so lucky! Sooooooo lucky. I will live vicariously through you now. For I will never get to do this. No daughters. How wonderful for you...how fabulous!!!!!
I'm smiling...grinning from ear to ear...with tears in my eyes! How wonderful!
It's your daughter right? Ahhhh...
I just stopped by for a moment and have to go work out...much to do....but I'll be back. Do tell me if its your daughter's wedding. Let me know if you can...just drop by my blog and let me know if you are having a wedding. Bless you!
Well, the Liberty Bell could work in a few circumstances like a historical wedding or one in PA!
At least he tried and that counts for something!
Post a Comment