Two Weddings and A Mother!
This is part of the post from our Wedding Blog. However, I am still going to post most of the wedding happenings here, so no worries. There will be things we will keep only on the wedding blog, so if you are interested in viewing that blog, you have to be on the invite only list. Drop me a comment and I will add you if I already have your email, otherwise, drop me a note in my email and include your email addres.
Anyone who had kept up with our family happenings will know that this past year has been one of huge changes and events. Events that have had us running from one end of the nation to the other twice this year. Both weddings took place in the Salt Lake Temple. Both weddings were done there to be closest to our family in the West. Both Peter and I have a lot of family in Utah,Arizona and California so Utah seemed to be the best choice.

Seemed to be a central location for most everyone.
Except us!
I suppose I should add that it didn't hurt that both girls ended up marrying Utah boys. Although Dustin has not actually lived there for several years, most of all his aunts, uncles and cousins are there. Besides, he also goes to Utah State there. Kai, Katie's husband was born and raised in Utah and all of his family still lives there. Both he and Katie were students at BYU when they met 4 years ago and have no plans on leaving anytime soon.
Now, I am not quite sure where to start...but I do want to show off Rachel's choice for her bridesmaids dresses. Seems like a great way to start the wedding posts. I know it is not in "order" as far as the wedding events and planning goes, but The Shabby Apple was her choice and I must say, they did not disappoint us! I personally liked them. Although I am fairly sure JCrew and Katie's selection had more choices and I think I liked that idea much better. Besides, let's face it...if you are going to use brown as one of your wedding colors, it is safer to go with JCrew. Pricey I know... but oh so very classy.
Let's Talk Bridesmaids Dresses...
So, what's a wedding without a whole bunch of bridesmaids? Forget the fact that the grooms lately don't seem t have "matching" number of groomsmen. Kai had 4 and Katie had 9 attendants. Dustin had 4 and Rachel had 7.

You have to have sisters of the groom, sisters that belong to the bride and of course your "bestest" friends. Don't you just love these dresses?
Shabby Apple took care of us this time around. The consensus was mixed. Half the girls liked them and the other half hated them. Regardless, Rachel chose a perky bubble gum pink for all her accents. So, of course that included the perky bubble gum sash shown on all the girls.

Foyts Weddings Always Bring Out the Best in Our Kids!

I can't begin to count the number of pictures I have of my kids giving goofy faces. It's like...the photographer has to say... "ok now kids... you've behaved long enough... now you can give a 'funny face!"







3 comments:
don't worry...i just popped a few pills prior to the wedding : ) how 'bout some actually flattering pics of moi? people are going to think your oldest is seriously unfortunate in the looks department.
Thanks for the updates! We've been missing you : (
hey...i want on teh wedding blog.
so can i be on the wedding blog? I'd love to see the pictures, or I guess I could always just come over to see them!
Post a Comment