Did I Hear What I Thought I Heard?
Denial, Denial, Denial
Rachel has been in Dallas visiting her "missionary" Dustin who came home last month.
She came home last night, walked into our bedroom and announced with a huge smile, "heads up, Dustin and I are getting married in August!"
Her father is still babbling. We just nod politely in his direction when he babbles.
Susie wants to know if I am "pissed?"
Oh dear. Not sure where she got that idea except maybe I publicly threatened Rachel to not do that if she went out to Dallas. I remember saying "I am NOT doing TWO weddings within a year."
Glad I did not put in that statement a clause along the lines of "...or I will eat my hat!"
Annelise exclaims... "I told you so!"
Then, Katie calls and I hear her say in a exasperated tone... "Mom, she's not serious is she? I mean, mom, It's too soon after Dustin's mission!" Hmmm, coming from the girl who took two years to figure out Kai was "the one."
So, here in The Land of Foyts, we really are excited.
A little shell shocked and still recovering from the last "we're getting married" announcement, but excited all the same.
I am a multi-faceted woman. I can do it all....
Kind of.
Ah crap, who am I fooling here? Where is that bottle of little pink pills? Purple pills?
Post Note: Mom, I did tell you this morning.... I kind of put it in an e-mail back to you. I included it directly under my "Miss you so much" note... I wrote.... "Oh yeah, Rachel is engaged." What.... you missed it? Not to worry, I will still plan out and be at your 50th wedding celebration in August. It will be one party after another.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







17 comments:
That's kind of like my engagement story in its abruptness. I came out here to Utah for my grandparent's 50th anniversary and I'd been talking to Jeremy for a while (we met on LDS Singles--used to be embarrassed by that, but hey, it worked) and four days later we were engaged and my mom called my step-dad on the plane and said, "Now, don't get mad, but Sara's engaged." He'd never even heard of Jeremy before. He said, "We'll see." And my mom said, "No, we won't see. He's a wonderful man and they're getting married in June." Jeremy had asked my mom for my hand in marriage because she was there, so he later called and confirmed it with my step-dad.
Congrats on another wedding!
Wait a minute . . seeing that I feel a responsibility/obligation to play a "big brother" role to my recently added sister in law, (seeing that she is without an older brother) at what point and time should we hold an interview/interrogation of the husband to be? I will be watching for a proposed date and time.
Meanwhile I would like to extend a big congratulations to Rachel and Dallas!! (Pending the positive outcome of the interview)
So wait, the kid didn't even ask Peter for permission?
Two weddings in a year? You can do it. Ashley's parents did 3 weddings in 9 months. I think her dad is still paying for it.
And Rhonda the pills are in the Altoid box. Remember?
oh how awesome for rachel!!!
tell her congrats for me.
dustins a good guy!
Holy Cow!!!
Congratulations!!
Peter better hide the altoid box!
oh..at least you have all those great links on your sidebar.
Altoid box nothing.... I need a freakin' shoebox to hold all the drugs I am going to need to get through this again.
I think you will be just fine. You have plenty of family and friends to help pitch in when you feel like you're going to break. What a wonderful blessing to have 2 daughters find wonderful men to share their lives with:)Congratulations!
ah, thank you sockiepuppetsmom. Your day will be here before you know it. It really creeps up on you. It will be fun to do it again... this time we have a few experiences under our belt.
I'm with Kai. Kai can handle the interview and I will review Dallas Dustin's financials. Dustin better get on the horn and call Peter. More importantly, does Dustin realize his car insurance rates will increase?
All kidding a side, Rhonda, you can do it because you are YOU! See Proverbs 31--if the Bible had pictures, I am sure yours would be there. It will be fabulous.
Pleeeeasseeeee...
That is a lot to live up to Kimberly!
Too funny, as always. Peter is waiting for the phone call.... hehe. How's that for just a little pressure?
Holly cow, what a suprise!!!
Tell Rachel Congrats from the Jenson fam.
Good luck in planning another one.
So not sure what happened but I tried to post it earlier...Did you delete me? Just kidding.
First off, those boys just coming home from the mission field are a little weird when they get home! I've seen my fair share of them and have NEVER once met one that wasn't somewhat odd! Maybe he wasn't thinking clearly? Or maybe its the lack of girls for 2yrs that has him thinking this way!
In all honesty, Congrats to Rachel. I'm sure she's thrilled. I guess its a good thing as long as the Lord is the one saying "go for it".
And to you Rhonda, I will gladly help you out however/whenever I can. I will more than gladly bring you loads and loads of Diet Coke. It'll just have to be left on your doorstep and you'll have a new bottle every morning! Or I can even bring you a taco here and there! hahaha. I can't help out with the little "pills" but I can provide you with unlimited amounts of biofreeze! It'll numb the pain alright but not the pain in the head more like the pain in the a**!
but it'll help!
Congrats to Rachel! Tell her to forget a reception/open house and just take the money and go on a nice honeymoon!
To mom2girls: I am so with you on this one... We tried with Katie, but well... you know how that goes!!!
Oh my goodness, you have your hands full, woman! But congrats to Rachel--she is one cute girl. And I, too, will hook you up with "the goods" whenever necessary (and by goods, I mean Diet Coke :)
..dang, no ALTOID box refills? And, by "ALTOID BOX"... I mean, the contraband inside MY Altoid box?!! Hehe.
Post a Comment