Friday, May 9, 2008

The Girl "Cleans Up Nicely"
...or The Engagement Proofs Are Finally Ready.

May is one of the busiest months of the year for us, as I am sure it is with everyone who have active school age children. We have 5 more weeks of school and then our summertime "festivities" will start.

Note to self: Stock up on Red Bull! Diet Coke! Mt. Dew? Can we talk kidney failure? No matter, I will have energy! No kidney's, but I will be peppy and energetic! I will be the peppiest patient on dialysis you will know. YIKES!

Alrighty now, back to the real post subject!

This summer is filled with so many activities. I will be back here in September, wondering where did the time go?! Either that or you will be receiving my blog posts from the 3rd floor of our hospital's Psych Ward.

Try and keep up here... we have Elijah's baseball camp, a canoeing expedition in Delaware for Susie's girls camp, Annelise going to college out west, and then the "travel" events in Arizona of my grandfather's 100th birthday and my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Whew.... but we are not done yet. We then have Rachel's engagement party this month, a wedding shower for her in July, and of course her beautiful, much anticipated wedding to her high school sweetheart Dustin, which will take place in Salt Lake City at the end of August.

I have never in my life bought a lottery ticket, but I have been tempted lately. Even a measly 50.00 winning will buy an awful lot of Diet Coke and Red Bull! All right, well... 50.00 will also pay for the stamps on the wedding invitations. I guess I should remember where my financial priorities are.

As many of you know, Rachel is a nanny on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, to some of the greatest little children in the world. I even, from time to time, will fill in and watch her "charges" when the family is in need...usually on Thursdays. Anyway, after Kristin, mother to the children, and Rachel's employer, saw the engagement pictures...she laughed and said...."the girl cleans up nicely!"

Still laughing over that one. However, I must confess, I agree! Rachel has to be at her nanny job no later than 6:30AM and she literally crawls out of bed and into her car to go to work. She doesn't come home until after 6PM.

So, while my mind is still in "focus mode," and trust me, that is becoming rarer and rarer these days... here is a sneak peak of Rachel and Dustin's engagement proofs. CLICK HERE!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I think your schedule is sort of like a tennis match. Back and forth and then back and forth. Wow. Red Bull for sure. All good things though Rhonda. What fun...

She does clean up nicely. Wow. Those picutres are beautiful. Good luck with the lotto. I will be expecting a small cut though. I could use a red bull to keep up with your hectic post scheduling reads. I am exhausted reading what your going thru... Take care and have a wonderful Mothers Day.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Such a cute couple!! Now the hard part is picking just 1 for the announcement!

jenn said...

i love love love the E pics! makes me want to get married all over again!!!:-)
and red bull!!!! i knew we connected right away for a reason! have a happy mothers day weekend!

Jan said...

Off subject, but my friend is having a wedding reception tonight, and I've been over there working all day. But the point of what I want to say is a big fat thank you. We used your cookie in the jar idea and it just looks awesome. We are so excited about it. I am going to take some pictures of them. It hadn't been done around this area before with cookies. Just candies. So she is the first and we thank you. I think she will email you sometime though. Yeah for blog ideas huh....
Have a great weekend.

Rhonda said...

Way cool. We are doing it again for the engagement party in a few weeks.